“Having Juliana as my writing counselor was simply amazing. I struggled with many learning disabilities at the time, and she created a very safe space for me to work with what I called ‘my horrible writing.’ I never thought of our meetings as work because she help me describe my passions in words.”
-Winston Frazer, CEO Danae Inc.
“Juliana was my favorite writing mentor during my two years of graduate school at MICA. As an international student dealing with graduate level liberal arts articles, the struggle was real. Juliana was very patient and able to connect with her student, which makes the learning experience not only easier but also a lot of fun. With her charming personality as well as broad knowledge of art, she has helped me build my initial confidence in a foreign country with language, and that has continuously served as an important foundation for my later career success.”
-Dingding Hu, creator and designer of Hu is Hungry
“Juliana’s tutoring advanced my writing from okay to fantastic. Each session with her resulted in immediate, concrete improvements. She gives constructive feedback in a sincere, personable way. I’d be a crap writer without her help!”
-Jeremy Cain, ’16
New York University, Paris, France — MFA, Creative Writing
June 2014 – June 2016
- Read 40 novels and completed coursework with Helen Schulmann, Darin Strauss, Aleksandar Hemon, and Katie Kitamura.
- Attended workshops led by Zadie Smith, Charles Simic, and Mark Doty.
- Produced several chapters of a novel-in-progress as thesis.
Washington College, Chestertown, MD — BA, English/Creative Writing
August 2004 – May 2008
- Graduated Cum Laude, with Honors from English Department.
- Played piano with Jazz and Afro-Cuban ensembles.
- Studied with Hannah Tinti, editor of One Story.
- 1st place winner in 2014 short story contest, F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference.